Thursday, August 11, 2011

Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil

I am always on the hunt for a good eyeliner. Urban Decay's Zero is really my holy grail black liner when it comes to a truly black line and also for lining the water line for that perfect dark smokey eye. At $18 a pop, it's more of a splurge than a necessity and it's always fun to find a drug store product that stands up to it's high end counterpart.

I've heard amazing things about Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner. The gorgeous and very talented Pixiwoo sisters raved about it and hey, if it's good enough for them.... only they don't sell it in the US :(

Enter Milani. They're a drugstore brand that describe themselves as "a global brand, Milani is a multicultural collection that creates wearable colors for all ethnicities" They're widely available in Walgreens, CVS, etc. To be honest, it's a brand I always skip over, being the fairest of fair skin tones, stupidly not even thinking about their products other than foundations and concealers.

I had heard on YouTube that the baked eyeshadows were wonderful (another shopping trip, another blog post!) but I read about their Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in Black and the promises that people made about it's staying power - I had to have it!


Image courtesy of milanicosmetics.com

It retails for $7.99 on their website but I paid $6.49 at my local Walgreens. Here's the real test.. I bought this on a day when I had a streaming cold, full sneezes, watery eyes, the whole shebang. What better test than to try an eyeliner out on a day when your eyes are watery?

I got home and applied it to my water line at lunch time. It went on just as smoothly and black as black as my beloved Zero. And by the time I fell into bed at about 10pm - still there. Where it was supposed to be. No smudges and still as dark as it went on. It hadn't travelled to the corners of my eyes like some brands do (I'm looking at you elf Studio liner...).

Here's a swatch



It's supposed to be a smudge-proof liner. It really is! despite the photo. I immediately smudged it as soon as I applied it. Once it set I tried to smudge it from side to side and nada - it wouldn't budge!! Very impressive. So I'd say apply it, leave it for a minute or two and you're set, for at least 9-10 hrs - even with watery eyes. A definite repurchase on this product and a duplicate for my kit. Two thumbs up.

Have you tried this eyeliner? or any other Milani products? Which are your favorites - I'd love to try them

No comments:

Post a Comment