Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wet n Wild - I Dream of Greenie

I Dream of Greenie was the only Wet n Wild trio I picked up at Walgreens. A friend of mine is going to be dressing up as Poison Ivy for an upcoming event and she showed me an inspiration photo that used some acid greens - I thought I'd try this trio out for her look. (More on that after our trial run next week!)




This trio cost $2.99 for 0.12oz of product. The back of the packaging has a little chart showing where to place the color and it claims to "Beautifully enhance any eye color" and have "All-day crease-resistant color" and the shadows are stamped with the recommended placement - I wouldn't use all three of these shadows at once. You'd look like a lime green disco ball!

Here's a swatch with my trusty ELF essential eyelid primer:



From top (of my swatches, which I reversed by accident - sorry) to bottom:

1 - a matte acid green with green and gold sparkle. I'm a little disappointed in this one - it's not as pigmented as some of the other shadows. However, with a nice base (like a green NYX jumbo eye pencil), and packing it on, it's a pretty bright statement color.
2 - a pretty aqua with a gold shimmer (not sparkle)
3 - a super metallic white with a slight green sheen. It's not as green as it shows up in the pan, difinitely more white

I'm not sure if it's the angle of the photo or the fact that it wasn't in direct sunlight and no flash, but none of the sparkle has shown up on the photos. On a sad note - these shadows are very crumbly as you can see here:



I wasn't hugely impressed by this trio. I'll probably use it up for this one look and forget it in a drawer somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment