Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wet n Wild - Comfort Zone

I saved this palette for last because it's my favorite of the bunch. I nearly didn't get it because it looked so warm toned and a little boring but I grabbed it anyway and when I got it into the sunlight - oh my goodness!! What a beautiful sight.



It's still $4.99 for 0.3oz of product, little eye chart on the back, stamped shadows, yadayadayada, you know this by now, right?

Here are the swatches (ELF primer again):



1 - a pale yellow frost
2 - a pretty rose gold metallic
3 - a warm bronze frost
4 - a matte black with a warm bronze shimmer, shot through with reddish-bronze glitter
5 - a warm pewtery metallic
6 - a goldy moss green frost
7 - black with green and gold sparkles
8 - a dualchrome with a very red base and pearlescent blue-green shimmer

So - let's start with the negatives - number 7. Not a fan. It's stiff and not blendable at all. Based on all the other blacks with shimmer, I thought I wouldn't care for number 4, but it's very nice. Not too blendable, but packed over a base it could be amazing.

1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 are very impressive metallic colors. I wish they would come out with one metallic palette, but I'll probably depot them anyway. I love all five of them!

The standout is number 8 - it's so unique. On the swatch above you can see how red the base color is and it doesn't look like much but below you can see the dual tones in it.



It really reminds me of a beautiful beetle. Just lovely!! I can't wait to play with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment