Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wet n Wild - Blue Had Me At Hello

This 8 pan palette was the first of the Wet n Wild shadows I picked up. I was looking for a good navy shadow and this had two shades that fit the bill.




All of the 8 pan palettes ($4.99 for 0.30 oz. of product!) have a little suggestion on the back of how to use them, and each shadow is stamped with the suggested placement (browbone, eyelid, crease and definer). It has suggestions for 4 different looks - Sweet look (just the browbone color), Flirty look (browbone and eyelid), Dramatic look (browbone, eyelid and crease) and finally Wild look (all 4 shades). Probably not something I would personally use, but very helpful for beginners.





Here are the shadows swatched over a little ELF essential eyelid primer:





1 - a very bright, shimmery white. Good for a more dramatic highlight.
2 - a blue-toned, shimmery silver
3 - a semi-shimmery, very dark navy which has shown up nearly black on the photo
4 - a matte black
5 - a very shimmery light blue - very 80s!
6 - a gorgeous shimmery turquoise
7 - a stunning, almost dual toned royal blue
8 - a matte black with silver sparkle (very similar to MAC Black Tied)

My first thoughts that there is a LOT of shimmer/frost but hey, I like me some shimmer so who cares! Also, the matte shades seem to be a lot harder to work with. The color payoff is not as good and they seem chalkier and harder to blend. Having said that, I have been using the matte black a lot to set gel eyeliner and it's a very true, blackest black.

On the other hand, the shimmery shades are a dream to work with, are very pigmented and a breeze to blend. LOVE them. My favorites are definitely 6 & 7, the turquoise and royal blue. They are both super creamy and just the most vivid colors. 7 is what I was looking for when I set out to find a bright navy. 2 is also a highlight in this palette, it's just so lovely and a great silver metallic. Their staying power is fine with a primer and I haven't had any noticeable creasing.

I love this palette and for $4.99 - a total steal. I will most likely be buying backups for my kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment